Wednesday 15 July 2015

Bucket List Item 101 #ColorRun

On Sunday I finally got to cross another item of my bucket list : - I completed the color run in Durban. Well I use the term "run" loosely I actually just walked the 5K with my cousins and one of my aunts.



I've been wanting to try the color run for a couple of years and for whatever reason the timing just never works out but this year, I was determined to get to it. We weren't sure what to expect so we bought some wings and cute head bands with wands...



The walk itself was fun with bursts of colored powder being thrown on us and due to me being on the short side I got a LOT of powder thrown right over my face... 

I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't more of a music festival side to it but the deejaying was pretty cool. 

All in all I would say it probably was the Happiest5K around... I had fun with my family and getting all messed up! Washing my hair was a bit of a challenge with the numerous colors and color combinations coming out of it but all of it was so worth it. Durban really showed off that day with the perfect weather and we completed it with the perfect attitude.


Has the ColorRun come to your city yet???

1 comment:

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I've always wanted to do a color run! Now I want to do one even more!!